Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Darrell Quilt Progress

Nine main blocks for Darrell quilt

Sampling of the blocks
Lower left was not in the original plan. Substituted in the plain light khaki (found in my stash) when I figured out there wouldn't be enough musical symbols fabric to make five blocks.

Auditioning fabrics for checkerboards that will go top and bottom of the quilt, for added length.

Eliminated a couple, tried a couple more.

In the end, I decided to go with the speckled gold fabric. It should bring a spark to the quilt.

I've finished the main blocks for the Darrell quilt, for musician friend Darrell N. Tonight I'll make two rows of checkerboards for the top and bottom of the quilt, then sew the top together. I plan to piece the back together, also. Perhaps I'll get the quilt layers sewn together in a pillowcase finish before bed. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.