Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Quilt Completed; Rose Quilt Update

Last week I finished a quilt for a local girl scout troop. The girls chose and arranged the fabrics, all of which have meaning. Co-worker and one of the troop leaders Liz M. sewed the squares together. I added the pink border and finished the quilt. The quilt will be donated to the incoming troop leader.

60" x 86"
Completed 9/17/2014

I recognize a few music fabrics from my stash, which I offered to the troop to use in the quilt.

First rose block assembled. Will be trimmed to 12.5" square (unfinished).

Progress has still been slow on the rose quilt. Last night I assembled the first rose block. Tonight I began assembling the leaf sections of the last two blocks. I hope to get all three rose blocks finished this week.

As I mentioned before, I decided not to make six more rose blocks. Here is the new design:

I chose the Turnstile block because it is relatively simple, and has triangles like the rose block. Ordinarily the triangles go out to the edge of the block, but I allowed more white space, in order to let the roses stand out.



  1. Love the fun and scrappy quilt! Great job to all. You are always creating or doing something wonderful and fun!

    1. Thanks, Michele. It really was a group effort. I'm glad I got to be a part of it.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.