Monday, August 02, 2010

Beige Floral Update 8/2/2010

I'm working on a charity quilt based on a pretty beige floral from stash.  I'm trying a pattern from Slice 'Em and Dice 'Em Quilts by Nancy Brenan Daniel, author of Disappearing Nine Patch Quilts.  As with D9P, you start with large nine-patch blocks, then cut and re-arrange to form new blocks.

I didn't have much of the beige floral, less than a yard.  I cut a bunch of 6.5" unfinshed squares to make the nine-patch blocks, but there weren't enough for all the blocks.  I'm having to substitute a tropical floral with black background which should look good.  Cutting the squares is going slowly, as I'm dealing with a lot of fat quarters, which yield only 4 squares each.  A lot of substituting is happening, which should make for an interesting quilt.

I should finish the cutting tonight, and maybe get started assembling some nine-patches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.