Tuesday, December 03, 2013
Tuesday Update - 12/3/2013
Over the weekend I started a new quilt, a fundraiser for a local charity. It's Christmas-themed, at their suggestion.
Electric Quilt sketch
Fabrics from stash
Christmas fabric must have been a donation, because I don't recall buying it. Cute!
White-on-white reminds me of snow. Will use it in Snowball blocks.
First nine-patch block
Most of the nine-patch blocks. Note the center red block. The three sets of red blocks are a little different from each other. The center set uses reds from the other two. I call it a hybrid. there wasn't enough of either reds to make four blocks, so I combined them.
Nine patch blocks done
Background fabric for Snowball block
Fabric squares for the corners
Drew a diagonal line through the center
Placed on background, sewed on the line
Pressed toward the corner
Trimmed away excess red, leaving background intact
Folded triangle back in place
Could have trimmed red before pressing, but I like to make sure the corner works first.
As seen from the back. Can just see a red shadow behind the white fabric, top right.
All corners sewn, pressed and trimmed
There are some waste triangles left. I may use them for another project or donate them to Binky Patrol. Either way, I put all of the triangles in a zip bag to keep them together. Makes them easier to find later.
As seen from the back
Snowball blocks added to design wall
Close-up of Snowball
Like my Facebook page Traveling Quilter and get more updates on my quilting and my travels.